Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book One The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book One) (Percy Jackson & the Olympians #1)
Other Editions of This Title:
Digital Audiobook (6/13/2005)
Hardcover, Large Print (1/6/2006)
Paperback, Chinese (3/1/2010)
- This classic by #1 New York Times best selling author Rick Riordan has sold millions of copies throughout the world
- It has appeared on the New York Times bestseller list for more than 10 years
- Read in classrooms across the US
- Adapted into a movie, a Broadway musical, and soon, a TV series on Disney+
- Brings Greek mythology to life for modern readers
- Features beloved characters such as Annabeth Chase and Grover the satyr
- Funny and fast-paced
When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, god of the sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends--one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena--Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods.
Disney-Hyperion, 9780786838653, 416pp.
Publication Date: April 1, 2006