Lipstick Jungle (Paperback)
Hyperion Books, 9780786887071, 480pp.
Publication Date: August 1, 2006
About the Author
Praise For Lipstick Jungle…
"Line up the watermelon cosmos and get ready to be consumed by the swank, successful, and super-spunky 40-something protagonists of Candace Bushnell's lip-smacking new novel."—New York Post
"Bushnell proves she's still the philosopher-queen of a social scene."—New York Times Book Review
"A seductive, humorous tale about strong, powerful women."—OK! Magazine
Conversation Starters from ReadingGroupChoices.com
- Much of Bushnell's previous work is about a woman's quest to find and keep a man. But Lipstick Jungle focuses instead on the quest for power and success. What do you think of this decision? Does this book send a new type of message? What is it?
- If you could have the life of Victory, Wendy, or Nico, which would you choose? Do you admire one of these characters more than the others? Why?
- Would you ever consider Candace Bushnell a feminist? Why or why not?
- What role does marriage play in the lives of these women? Does it help or hurt them? Or both?
- What do you think about the men in this book? Are they characters or caricatures?