The Pain Behind the Mask (Paperback)
Routledge, 9780789005588, 228pp.
Publication Date: March 11, 1999
List Price: 46.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
From The Pain Behind the Mask: Overcoming Masculine Depression, you will discover how masculine development precludes your male clients toward the two defining characteristics of masculine depression: dissociating from feelings and acting out suppressed feelings in destructive behaviors. Depression in men is often misunderstood and misdiagnosed, which is why it often goes untreated. This unique book does not portray men as victims, but seeks to describe a man's responsibility and proposes realistic strategies for change.The Pain Behind the Mask is written in easy-to-follow question and answer format to guide you through various subtopics discussed within each general area. Through The Pain Behind the Mask, you will learn new techniques and strategies to help improve the lives of men who suffer from depression by:
- gaining new insight into how understanding destructive behaviors as a masculine form of depression leads to new treatments for this condition
- discovering effective treatments for masculine depression that account for the origins and meaning of a man's behavior in a relationship
- analyzing case studies to help you gain a better understanding of the various characteristics and dynamics of masculine depression
- finding useful ways to conceptualize and intervene with clients who display symptoms of masculine depression
- learning to address the underlying causes of problem behavior instead of dealing solely with the outward appearance to recognize and treat masculine depressionThe Pain Behind the Mask deals with the problems of masculine depression by helping you acquire workable solutions. This indispensable book will help you understand the roots of masculine depression so you can guide your clients toward positive and self-healing attitudes.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase