Handbook of Clinical Social Work Supervision, Third Edition (Paperback)
Routledge, 9780789010780, 664pp.
Publication Date: September 29, 2001
List Price: 68.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Take social work supervision into the new millennium This newly revised edition of the classic text is a thorough, comprehensive guidebook to every aspect of supervision, including learning styles, teaching techniques, emotional support for supervisors, and supervision in different settings. Its detailed discussions of ethics and legal issues in practice are invaluable. Designed for use by busy supervisors, Handbook of Clinical Social Work Supervision, Third Edition, offers a new partnership model of supervision.Thoroughly revised and updated, Handbook of Clinical Social Work Supervision, Third Edition, addresses the dramatic changes in the field brought by new technologies and managed care. Numerous case illustrations and exercises supplement the text to facilitate classroom discussion or continuing education seminars. Assessment scales have been modified to conform to more recent data, and the questionnaires have been extensively revised. In addition, you will find significant new material on crucial topics, including:
- using DSM-IV categories for diagnosis and assessment
- how managed care has changed treatment planning, practice protocols, documentation, and other aspects of social work
- issues of cultural diversity, including respect for persons with disabilities and handling gender issues
- dealing with specific problems and populations, including domestic violence, substance and alcohol abuse, and child and adolescent treatment
- a model for managing organizational change
- social worker stress and burnout
- new directions for social work as a profession
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase