Periplus Pocket Korean Dictionary (Paperback)
Korean-English English-Korean (Periplus Pocket Dictionaries)
Periplus Editions, 9780794607746, 160pp.
Publication Date: August 30, 2016
List Price: 6.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
It's never a good idea to be overly-relient on technology while traveling Look up words quickly and easily with this convenient travel-sized Korean dictionary. Intended for use by tourists, students, and business people traveling to Korea Pocket Korean Dictionary is an essential tool for communication and a great way to learn Korean. It features all the critical Korean vocabulary appropriate for beginning to intermediate students. It's handy pocket format, and easy-to-read type will make any future trip to Korea much more manageable. In addition to being an excellent English to Korean dictionary and Korean to English dictionary Pocket Korean Dictionary contains relevant notes on the Korean language, Korean grammar and Korean pronunciation. All Korean words are written in English as well as Korean script (hangul) so that in the case of difficulties the book can directly be shown to a native Korean speaker. This Korean dictionary contains:
- The 12,000 most commonly used words and expressions in the Korean language.
- The latest computer, mobile, internet and social media terms
- English-Korean and Korean-English sections.
- Hangul and Romanized Korean.
- An introduction to and history of the Korean language.
- Designed for English speakers
- Information on Korean grammar.
- A guide to pronouncing Korean correctly.
About the Author
Seong-Chul Shin is a lecturer at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, and is also the author of a Korean language course developed for Australian secondary schools. Gene Baik is a native speaker of Korean and tutors students at the University of New South Wales.