The Promise of the Eternal Covenant
God's Profound Providence as Revealed in the Genealogy of Jesus Christ (Postexilic Period) Book 5 (History of Redemption)
List Price: 11.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Following his remarkable exegesis on the first and second periods of Jesus' genealogy, the best-selling author, in the fifth installment of The History of Redemption series, covers the third and final period, which spans the fourteen generations from the Babylonian exile to Jesus Christ. The Promise of the Eternal Covenant sheds light upon the labyrinth-like history of the 600 years before Jesus' birth. Throughout the book, Rev. Abraham Park demonstrates that God is sovereign over all history; the rise and fall of nations, kingdoms, and empires occur all according to God's eternal decrees and providence. His readers will be filled with assurance that God's promise of the Eternal Covenant will certainly be fulfilled. Key features:
- Redemptive-historical discussions on the fourteen generations and their names in both biblical languages
- The generations omitted from the third period of Jesus' genealogy and God's redemptive administration therein
- Everything you need to know about the Babylonian exile and the return therefrom
- An amazingly comprehensive chart which delineates:
- Israel's history and chronology of the kings, prophets, and high priest for this era
- The chronological, geopolitical, and even redemptive-historical relationships between Israel and the world's superpowers like Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, and Egypt
- The continuation of the line of the promised seed toward Christ in the turbulent transitions in world history
- Book 1: The Genesis Genealogies
- Book 2: The Covenant of the Torch
- Book 3: The Unquenchable Lamp of the Covenant
- Book 4: God's Profound and Mysterious Providence
- Book 5: The Promise of the Eternal Covenant
Periplus Editions, 9780794608187, 400pp.
Publication Date: July 30, 2019
About the Author
Rev. Abraham Park May 17, 1928 - December 17, 2014 Born in Sariwon, Korea B.A. in Corporate Management from Kookmin University, Korea M. Div. from the Presbyterian General Assembly Theological University, Korea Honorary D. Min. from Lael College and Graduate School, USA Honorary D.D. from Faith Theological Seminary, USA Honorary D.D. from Knox Theological Seminary, USA Former Moderator of the Hap-dong Conservative General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in Korea The late Rev. Abraham Park founded Pyungkang Cheil Presbyterian Church, which currently consists of 70,000 members. His great spiritual legacy continues with his nine published volumes of the History of Redemption series and the 300 churches he had established worldwide. In the early part of his 56-year ministry, Rev. Park spent 3 1/2 years of solitude in a cave atop Mount Jiri, where he devoted day and night to the Bible and prayer. Like the fathers of the early church, Rev. Park's ministry was not founded upon his knowledge acquired from theological discipleship, but upon his life of piety and faith. His insights into the Bible, which he obtained through the powerful illumination of the Holy Spirit, were materialized into the manuscripts that would later become the book series called God's Administration in the History of Redemption. He attested with all his heart and soul that the Bible is the living Word of God. As a bastion of conservative Reformed faith, he firmly taught that the Word of God is inerrant, infallible, and inspired by the Holy Spirit. Having read the Bible over 1,800 times, he is widely respected for his dedication, charisma, and unrivaled adeptness in biblical exposition. His Bible-centered ministry reached fruition through his congregation whose lives are centered on the church and the Word of God. Their service and dedication to the church, which is the body of Christ, has left indelible impressions on many theologians and ministers from all over the world.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase