The Ghosts of Tupelo Landing (Hardcover)
Kathy Dawson Books, 9780803736719, 352pp.
Publication Date: February 4, 2014
About the Author
Praise For The Ghosts of Tupelo Landing…
"The perspicacious Mo LoBeau is at it again!. . . humor and action abound."
-School Library Journal, starred review
"Just as its predecessor did, this sequel shines thanks to Turnage's deft, lyrical language and engaging characters."
-Kirkus Reviews,starred review
"Turnage's ability to create convincing characters and her colorful use of language combine to make this a fresh, droll, rewarding trip to Tupelo Landing."
-Booklist, starred review
"The budding detective has clearly taken to heart something her foster mother always emphasizes: 'All the world's a stage, sugar, so hop on up there.'"
-Publishers Weekly, starred review
PRAISE FOR THREE TIMES LUCKY - Newbery Honor
- New York Times bestseller
- Edgar Award Finalist
- EB White Read-Aloud Award Honor Book
- "What do you get when you combine Because of Winn-Dixie's heart with the mystery and action of Holes?...Mo LoBeau is destined to become a standout character in children's fiction." (Kirkus Reviews, starred review)
- "Here is a writer who has never met a metaphor or simile she couldn't put to good use." (Publishers Weekly, starred review)
- "Turnage's lively novel features a distinctive voice and a community of idiosyncratic characters." (Booklist, starred review)
- "The heroine of Sheila Turnage's "Three Times Lucky" is so plucky that young readers may wish she lived next door." (Wall Street Journal)
- "A literary descendant of Scout Finch of "To Kill a Mockingbird" -- Mo LoBeau announces this novel's mystery from behind the counter of the Tupelo Diner: 'There's been a murder and we're out of soup.'"(Newsday)
"A rollicking sequel."
-Wall Street Journal