What I Thought Was True (Hardcover)
Dial Books, 9780803739093, 409pp.
Publication Date: April 15, 2014
Gwen Castle's Biggest Mistake Ever, Cassidy Somers, is slumming it as a yard boy on her idyllic Nantucket-esque island this summer. He's a rich kid from across the bridge in Stony Bay, and she hails from a family of fishermen and housecleaners who keep the island's summer people happy. Gwen worries a life of cleaning houses will be her fate too, but just when it looks like she'll never escape her past--or the island--Gwen's dad gives her some shocking advice. Sparks fly and secret histories unspool as Gwen spends a gorgeous, restless summer struggling to resolve what she thought was true--about the place she lives, the people she loves, and even herself--with what really is.
Huntley Fitzpatrick delivers another enticing summer read full of expectation and regret, humor and hard questions, and a romance that will make every reader swoon.
About the Author
Praise For What I Thought Was True…
PRAISE FOR MY LIFE NEXT DOOR:
- "Fitzpatrick's excellent first novel movingly captures the intensity of first love [and] the corrupting forces of power..." (Publishers Weekly, starred review)
- "Samantha and Jase have chemistry that crackles: it's the novel's tender, awkward, sexy, dizzy-happy portrayal of first love that really makes it soar." (Horn Book)
- "The characters are dynamic and realistic. Strong narrative pacing adds to the whole sun-kissed package, which is on par with authors such as Sarah Dessen and Deb Caletti." (School Library Journal)
- "An almost perfect summer romance...[that] will have every girl who reads the novel wishing for a Jase of her own." (Kirkus Reviews)
- "Fitzpatrick perfectly captures the heady joys of first love while still dealing with everyday realities" (VOYA)
- "Jase and Samantha have a heart-warming romance every girl will envy." (Simone Elkeles, New York Times bestselling author of the Perfect Chemistry series)
- "A wonderful read that will connect with your heart -- guaranteed!" (Lurlene McDaniel, bestselling author of Heart to Heart)
- "One of the best books I read this past year. . . . Wonderful, uplifting and beautifully written." (Kristan Higgins, New York Times bestselling author)
- "A summer romance with depth." (The Boston Sunday Globe)
- Best First Book Finalist for the Romance Writers of America RITA Awards