The Samurai Sword (Paperback)
Spirit * Strategy * Techniques: [dvd Included] [With DVD]
Tuttle Publishing, 9780804837514, 175pp.
Publication Date: March 1, 2010
List Price: 24.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
The Samurai Sword is the essential illustrated guide to the Japanese way of the sword. Japan's famous samurai warriors were more than just soldiers -- they were adherents to a strict code of honor who respected the deeper, spiritual meaning of the way of the sword. To the samurai, battle was sacred. This indispensable guide to theory and practice respects both the physical and spiritual aspects of martial arts practice with the katana. This sword book features:
- Beautiful, step-by-step photos and easy-to-understand text
- Guidance for selecting, maintaining, and using your sword
- Wisdom about the practical value of meditation
- Inspirational biographies of some of the greatest samurai swordsmen, men whose words and deeds embodied the true spirit of the samurai warrior
About the Author
Kohshyu Yoshida was born and raised in Chiba, Japan. The great-grandson of a ronin samurai warrior, he has studied martial arts from all over the world and now teaches martial arts in Los Angeles, CA. He has appeared in Hollywood films including Blade and The Last Samurai. He also starred as the Red Ranger in the international hit television show The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase