Real World Solutions to Real World Violence - Disrupt - Damage - Destroy - Disengage
List Price: 17.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Krav Maga: Real World Solutions to Real World Violence presents a no-nonsense approach to neutralizing attackers in close quarters. Author Gershon Ben Keren explains the philosophy behind the Krav Maga method, which is the basis of the Israel Defense Force's (IDF) devastating close combat system. This book lays out a systematic approach to self-defense and provides illustrated confrontation scenarios paired with tailored practical responses. Accompanied by explicit, easy-to-follow photographs, practical combat skills are described in step-by-step detail, along with the movement patterns needed to make them useful in real-life settings. All of the photos in the book were shot in real-time, demonstrating what realistic movements--both from the attacker's and defender's perspective--look like. Where applicable, techniques have been shot in the scenarios in which they occur such as bars, restrooms, ATMs, etc. The situational components of such violent incidents are explained, so the reader can learn to identify, predict, and avoid violence before it occurs. Contents of this Krav Maga book include:
- What is Krav Maga?
- Krav Maga Yashir
- Introduction to author Gershon Ben Keren
- Basic Skills (Stances, Movement, Blocking and Striking)--The Timeline of Violence; Controlling Range; Relative Body Positioning; Groin Kick; Driving Knee
- Self-Defense Scenarios--Knife Disarming; Gun to Front of Body; Abductions and Hostage Taking; Knife Shank; Improvised Weapons
- Unarmed Assaults and Dynamic Components of Violence--Preventing a Front Headlock; Applying an Effective Guillotine; Defending Knees in a Clinch
- and more
Tuttle Publishing, 9780804843928, 192pp.
Publication Date: December 23, 2014