Survival Indonesian (Paperback)
How to Communicate Without Fuss or Fear Instantly! (Indonesian Phrasebook & Dictionary)
Tuttle Publishing, 9780804845236, 192pp.
Publication Date: April 12, 2016
List Price: 6.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
This practical Indonesian phrasebook puts all the most important Indonesian words and phrases in the palm of your hand. It contains all the necessary words and phrases for speaking Indonesian in any kind of setting. Perfect for students, tourists, or business people learning Indonesian or traveling to Indonesia, it also contains a beginner guide to the Indonesian language, allowing for a deeper understanding of Indonesian than a typical Indonesian phrasebook or Indonesian dictionary. The phrase book is organized by situations where one might need to speak Indonesian such as: at the hotel, in a taxi, using numbers, etc. As a bonus, an "Exploring Indonesia" section provides detailed information about Indonesian holidays, customs and popular travel destinations. Key features of Survival Indonesian include:
- Hundreds of useful Indonesian words and expressions.
- A pronunciation guide for Indonesian letters and words.
- A guide to Indonesian grammar.
- A section on specific titles and place names.
- An Indonesian dictionary for quick reference.
- Manga illustrations to provide fun visual cues.
- An "Exploring Indonesia" travel guide.
About the Author
Katherine Davidsen completed her BA (Honors) in Indonesian at Monash University, and her Masters in Applied Linguistics at the University of Southern Queensland, Australia. She has lived and worked in Jakarta, Indonesia, for over 15 years, and is the author of the Tuttle Concise Indonesian Dictionary and Tuttle Mini Indonesian Dictionary.