Survival Tagalog Phrasebook & Dictionary (Paperback)
How to Communicate Without Fuss or Fear Instantly!
Tuttle Publishing, 9780804845595, 192pp.
Publication Date: January 31, 2017
List Price: 6.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
This practical Tagalog phrasebook puts all the most important Tagalog words and phrases in the palm of your hand. It includes tips for handling situations you'll encounter on a daily basis in the Philippines, making it the most useful Tagalog language book you can buy when traveling Romanized words are given for each Tagalog word, ensuring that you know how to pronounce each word correctly. Manga illustrations provide visual cues to language in context. Key features of this Tagalog phrasebook include:
- Pronunciation guides for each phrase with Romanized text for more accurate sounds
- The right greeting in each situation
- Correct personal titles for addressing Filipino people respectfully
- How to ask questions and request things
- Talking about your family
- Telling time and days of the week
- Major cities and famous places in the Philippines
- Important public signs
- Travel vocabulary and useful expressions like:
- Getting to the Airport
- Renting a Car
- Eating and Drinks
- Shopping and Money
- And many more.
About the Author
Joi Barrios holds a Ph.D. in Filipino and Philippine Literature from the University of the Philippines. She currently serves as a Lecturer teaching Filipino and Philippine Literature at the University of California, Berkeley, after having served as an Associate Professor at the University of the Philippines Diliman.