Mastering Japanese Kanji (Paperback)
(jlpt Level N5) the Innovative Visual Method for Learning Japanese Characters (Audio CD Included) [With CDROM]
Tuttle Publishing, 9780804845786, 256pp.
Publication Date: August 4, 2015
Other Editions of This Title:
* Individual store prices may vary.
This is a comprehensive, self-study workbook for learning Japanese characters. Mastering Japanese Kanji
can help you greatly reduce the time and effort involved in learning to read Japanese and write Japanese. It does so by introducing a method that is both effective and easy to use in memorizing the meanings and pronunciations of Kanji--the array of characters that are used in the Japanese language to symbolize everything from abstract ideas to concrete nouns.
Learning any of the kanji is a two-step process, requiring that you remember both the visual
aspect of a character (so you can recognize it when you see it) and the aural
aspect (so you will know how to say and, thus, read it). The method employed by Mastering Japanese Kanji
will show you how to tackle both of these aspects from the outset, and by so doing enable you to immediately get down to the practical (and fun ) business of recognizing and reading kanji on everything from street signs to newspapers. By the time you finish this book, in fact, you will be able to boast of a Japanese vocabulary numbering in the thousands of words. Key features:
Contents of the CD-ROM:
- Corresponding CD-ROM helps to reinforce the written material
- Teaches the 200 most common kanji and the hundreds of compounds that use include them.
- Unique, specially-designed drawings and entertaining stories help you learn more quickly.
- Sample sentences, along with common words and compounds, expand your vocabulary by showing each kanji used in context.
- Stroke-order diagrams show the correct way to write each chapter.
- Chapter and cumulative review exercises help ensure master of what you've learned.
- Complete indexes show Japanese readings and English meanings for all Kanji.
- Stroke order animations for all 200 kanji characters.
- Native speaker audio recordings of all:
- Kanji characters.
- Common words and compounds.
- Sample sentences.
About the Author
Glen Nolan Grant is an acclaimed translator of Japanese. He has traveled extensively, visiting over 60 countries and learning to speak six languages. He became attracted to the Japanese writing system while living in Japan, and after hearing that many consider Japanese to be the most difficult written language in the world, he took on the challenge of finding a way to make learning it easier. Tuttle Learning Japanese Kanji is the result of that challenge.