A Guide to Growing, Shaping, and Caring for Miniature Trees and Shrubs
Other Editions of This Title:
Creating your own bonsai tree is simple, calming and serene, and best of all, it lets you bring the outdoors inside, even if you don't have a lot of space. Imagine an enormous redwood shrunk to a size you can carry in one hand, but perfect in every detail. That is the joy of bonsai—the re-creation of nature in miniature. With Totally Bonsai you can learn everything you need to know to become accomplished at the art of bonsai tree care and cultivation—how to pick a plant, what tools you'll need, and how to trim and style your plant.
At the heart of the book is a species directory detailing both outdoor and indoor bonsai. It includes 10 easy-to-grow types of bonsai plants that are great for the beginning bonsai enthusiast, as well as another 40 species that need a little more care
With Totally Bonsai you will:
- Discover the small but perfectly formed world of the bonsai
- Learn the secrets to growing a healthy tree
- Properly pot or repot your bonsai
- Recognize pests and diseases and how to treat them
- Discover the techniques for shaping, bending, and transforming your bonsai
Tuttle Publishing, 9780804846547, 128pp.
Publication Date: February 2, 2016