Beginner's Mandarin Chinese Dictionary (Paperback)
The Ideal Dictionary for Beginning Students [hsk Levels 1-5, Fully Romanized]
Tuttle Publishing, 9780804846684, 224pp.
Publication Date: February 21, 2017
List Price: 9.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
The Beginner's Chinese Dictionary is an ideal dictionary for students of the Chinese language. It is specifically designed for learners of Chinese and covers 2,500 essential vocabulary items, including all vocabulary prescribed for Levels 1-5 of the standard test of proficiency in Chinese, Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK). Entries are arranged alphabetically according to the pinyin transliteration. For each character, the radical and stroke count are given. An analysis of word formation is also provided to aid understanding of how words of two or more syllables are formed. Sample sentences are presented in Chinese characters with pinyin and English equivalents, to show how each headword should be used. A radical and character index allows quick access to any headword. Key features of this Chinese character dictionary:
- Over 2,500 basic vocabulary items
- English-Chinese and Chinese-English sections.
- Entries arranged alphabetically by pinyin transliteration.
- Includes all words for HSK Levels 1-5.
- Sample sentences demonstrate how to use words correctly.
- Characters and pinyin for all headwords and examples.
- Introduces and explains radicals, stroke counts, and components.
- Key character components are given for easy recognition.
- Useful notes on culture, grammar and usage provided.
About the Author
Li Dong is an educator with more than 40 years of experience teaching Chinese in China, the UK, USA and New Zealand. He has published numerous articles on Chinese lexicography and is the author of five other Chinese dictionaries published by Tuttle Publishing: Tuttle Beginner's Chinese Dictionary, Tuttle Chinese-English Dictionary, Tuttle English-Chinese Dictionary, Tuttle Concise Chinese Dictionary, and Tuttle Compact Chinese Dictionary.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase