Essential Indonesian Phrasebook & Dictionary
Speak Indonesian with Confidence (Revised Edition)
List Price: 9.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Every traveler heading to Indonesia should bring along a copy of Tim Hannigan's Essential Indonesian Phrasebook and Dictionary This popular, dynamically illustrated volume presents all the practical everyday phrases and words visitors need when exploring this fascinating country. Hannigan, a travel journalist and award-winning author, has updated his popular guide with 20 percent new content. Packed with over 1,500 useful phrases, this book provides:
- Essential Indonesian expressions enabling you to initiate conversations and to ask and answer simple questions
- A pronunciation guide and grammar notes explaining the basic sounds and sentence patterns of the language
- New manga illustrations providing visual cues for using the phrases in their appropriate contexts
- Vocabulary for technology, WiFi, smartphones and social media
- An easy-to-use English-Indonesian dictionary with over 2,000 terms and expressions
- Travel tips, cultural and etiquette notes for avoiding social blunders
Tuttle Publishing, 9780804846844, 192pp.
Publication Date: August 20, 2019
About the Author
Tim Hannigan's first book Murder in the Hindu Kush was shortlisted for the Boardman-Tasker Prize. His second book Raffles and the British Invasion of Java won the 2013 John Brooks Award. His features and travel articles appear regularly in newspapers and magazines in Indonesia and beyond. He has also authored A Brief History of Indonesia and Making Out in Indonesian and edited A Brief History of Bali.