The Basic Poses and Routines You Need to Be Healthy and Relaxed (Tuttle Health & Fitness Basic)
List Price: 9.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Qigong, a holistic approach to health and wellness, focuses on gentle movement, breathing, and meditation. Qigong Basics teaches you all the fundamentals of this ancient Chinese discipline in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. Related to tai chi, this practice engages the mind and body, while helping to strengthen muscles, find balance, and reduce stress. This introductory book contains the following vital information:
- The origins of Qigong--its philosophy, history, and different styles
- How to find a teacher and a class that are right for you
- Getting ready for your first class--what happens in a Qigong class?
- The essential elements--breathing, stances, grounding and expansions
- How to complement your Qigong training with meditation and qi exercises
- Powerful ways to promote health and well-being through specific sequences
- Resources to help you develop your knowledge and understanding of Qigong
Tuttle Publishing, 9780804847582, 192pp.
Publication Date: October 23, 2018
About the Author
Ellae Elinwood has been teaching Tai Chi for over 30 years through a class that incorporates Tai Chi, Qigong, and Yoga. For many years she was also an instructor of Hatha Yoga both privately and at colleges, universities, and fitness spas throughout Southern California. She is a nationally known teacher and theorist of the mind/body connection. Elinwood has also been a teacher of Shiatsu, "Touch for Health" applied kinesiology and stress management. She has spoken and given seminars at universities, colleges, conferences, massage schools and spas throughout the United States and Canada. Elinwood is the author of Stay Young with T'ai Chi.