Krav Maga Tactical Survival (Paperback)
Personal Safety in Action. Proven Solutions for Real Life Situations
Tuttle Publishing, 9780804847650, 224pp.
Publication Date: February 21, 2017
List Price: 17.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Krav Maga Tactical Survival presents proven solutions to dangerous, real-life situations. Krav Maga is the official self-defense system of the Israeli Defense Forces and has been battle-tested by police, armed forces, private security personnel and security-minded individuals around the globe for 60 years. Krav Maga teaches you how to quickly size up a dangerous situation and neutralize your attackers before they gain the upper hand. This martial arts book is full of examples of real-world life-threatening situations, and in each case the clear, step-by-step photographs and text illustrate an effective solution--showing you how to disrupt your attacker's strategy, disarm them, damage or destroy their ability to harm you, and disengage quickly so you can move to a more secure location. Krav Maga Tactical Survival covers the following essential techniques:
- Upper Body Combatives (hammer-fist strikes, hook punches, head-butts, front kicks and more)
- De-escalation techniques
- Spoiling knife and firearm draws
- Neutralizing knife and firearm attacks
- Dealing with unarmed attacks (clothing grabs, chokes and bear hugs)
- Executing pick-ups and throws