All about the Philippines (Hardcover)
Stories, Songs, Crafts and Games for Kids
Tuttle Publishing, 9780804848480, 64pp.
Publication Date: February 21, 2017
Other Editions of This Title:
* Individual store prices may vary.
**Winner of the Moonbeam Children's Book Award Gold Medal for Activity Book -- Education, Science, History**
This family-friendly Philippines children's book is packed with fun facts about Filipino culture, history, and daily life All About the Philippines
takes you on an incredible journey across the colorful island nation of the Philippines with Mary, Jaime, and Ari--three Filipino cousins who look entirely different and yet are the best of friends. You'll visit their homes, their schools, their families, their favorite places, and much more. They'll show you how kids in different parts of the Philippines come from many different ethnic groups and have very various cultures--each with separate traditions, languages, and beliefs--and yet, they are all 100% Filipino
This children's book, aimed at kids ages 8 to 12, brings them on an exciting trip through some of the most fascinating islands on earth.
- Join Mary, Jaime and Ari to see the how earthquakes, typhoons and other natural events can be scary and yet also make the islands beautiful and full of life.
- Check out Filipino games, and make a sipa--the Philippines's version of a hacky-sack.
- Experience the festivals and foods of different cultures found in the Philippines, and try a few easy recipes.
- Make a parol--a Filipino holiday decoration that you can enjoy all year long.
- Learn about the conquistadors and traders who came to these islands many centuries ago.
- Learn how peoples who speak very different languages can communicate when they meet.
- And a lot more
Along with fun facts, you'll learn about the spirit of the Philippines that makes this country and its people unique. This is a book for families or classrooms to enjoy together.
About the Author
Gidget Roceles Jimenez is the author of poetry and non-fiction books for kids, including the popular Can We? science series. She lives in the Philippines with her husband, their three children and their many pets. Corazon Dandan-Albano has illustrated over thirty children's books, including the popular Filipino Friends and Filipino Celebrations. She lives in the Philippines with her husband and their two daughters.