Taekwondo Grappling Techniques
Hone Your Competitive Edge for Mixed Martial Arts [Dvd Included]
List Price: 8.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Take Taekwondo beyond just kicking and punching--discover powerful grappling moves that build on the patterns you already know Taekwondo is the most popular Korean martial art, with over 70 million practitioners in the world. Taekwondo Grappling Techniques presents the most effective grappling maneuvers ever developed for Taekwondo. With this comprehensive Taekwondo book as your guide, you'll confidently defend yourself against attacks and apply your own devastating grappling techniques to bring assailants into submission. This guide contains 15 chapters with 89 different Taekwondo techniques. Movements include:
- Low Double Knifehand Block to Circular Block
- Upward Elbow Strike to Double Knifehand Block
- Sitting Stance Punch to Sitting Stance Punch to Outer Forearm Block
- Reverse Punch to Scooping Block
- Square Block to Inward Knifehand Strike
- Vertical Spearhand Strike to High Backfist Strike
- Reverse Inner Forearm Block to Reverse Punch
- Double Knifehand Block to High Punch
Tuttle Publishing, 9780804851794, 208pp.
Publication Date: April 16, 2019
About the Author
Tony Kemerly, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Exercise Science and Sport Science at High Point University. His martial arts experience includes the rank of black sash in Blue Dragon Kung Fu, and black belt ranks in Taekwondo with the World Taekwondo Federation, the International Taekwondo Federation, and Living Defense Martial Arts. Dr. Kemerly lives in High Point, North Carolina. Steve Snyder owns and operates a full-time martial arts studio with his wife in High Point, North Carolina. Among his many belts is a fifth degree black belt in Taekwondo.