Isaiah 40-66 (Hardcover)
An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture (The New American Commentary #15)
B&H Academic, 9780805401448, 784pp.
Publication Date: September 1, 2009
The New American Commentary series is an exceptionally acclaimed resource for ministers and Bible students who want to understand and expound the Scriptures. Notable features in each volume include:
• Commentary based on the New International Version (NIV).
• NIV text printed in the body of the commentary.
• Sound scholarly methodology reflecting capable research in the
• Interpretation emphasizing the theological unity of each book and Scripture as a whole.
• Readable and applicable exposition.
Gary V. Smith’s second volume on Isaiah looks deeply and in wonder at the God who is both intimate and compassionate (Isaiah 40:28: “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak”) and larger than our comprehension of time and space (Isaiah 66:1: “Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool”).