An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture (The New American Commentary #15)
The New American Commentary series is an exceptionally acclaimed resource for ministers and Bible students who want to understand and expound the Scriptures. Notable features in each volume include:
• Commentary based on the New International Version (NIV).
• NIV text printed in the body of the commentary.
• Sound scholarly methodology reflecting capable research in the
• Interpretation emphasizing the theological unity of each book and Scripture as a whole.
• Readable and applicable exposition.
Gary V. Smith’s second volume on Isaiah looks deeply and in wonder at the God who is both intimate and compassionate (Isaiah 40:28: “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak”) and larger than our comprehension of time and space (Isaiah 66:1: “Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool”).
B&H Academic, 9780805401448, 784pp.
Publication Date: September 1, 2009