The Comedy of Errors (Modern Library Classics) (Paperback)
Modern Library, 9780812969337, 176pp.
Publication Date: June 14, 2011
“I see two husbands, or mine eyes deceive me.”
—The Comedy of Errors
Eminent Shakespearean scholars Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen provide a fresh new edition of this raucous story of mistaken identity and family—along with more than a hundred pages of exclusive features, including
• an original Introduction to The Comedy of Errors
• incisive scene-by-scene synopsis and analysis with vital facts about the work
• commentary on past and current productions based on interviews with leading directors, actors, and designers
• photographs of key RSC productions
• an overview of Shakespeare’s theatrical career and chronology of his plays
Ideal for students, theater professionals, and general readers, these modern and accessible editions from the Royal Shakespeare Company set a new standard in Shakespearean literature for the twenty-first century.
Praise For The Comedy of Errors (Modern Library Classics)…
“Remarkable . . . makes Shakespeare’s extraordinary accomplishment more vivid than ever.”—James Shapiro, professor, Columbia University, bestselling author of A Year in the Life of Shakespeare: 1599
“A feast of literary and historical information.”—The Wall Street Journal