The Complete Guide to Performance Appraisal Complete Guide to Performance Appraisal
Other Editions of This Title:
" A good appraisal system can serve as an effective structure for culture change within an organization -- and it can help ease one of every manager's most dreaded duties. Now, based on 25 years of experience, Dick Grote gives readers everything they need to make the process work well, including:
* what an ideal system looks like
* the available options and approaches
* how to evaluate performance, write a fair appraisal, and conduct the actual appraisal discussion
* how to create a system from scratch or optimize the one already in place
* critical issues that must be considered, including employee development, pay, and legal concerns
* emerging trends that influence the process -- such as 360-degree feedback, teams, the use of software
* actual appraisal forms from 12 companies, as well as scripts, diagrams, checklists, worksheets, flow charts, and sample policies"
AMACOM/American Management Association, 9780814403136, 400pp.
Publication Date: December 1, 1996