Quick Emotional Intelligence Activities for Busy Managers (Paperback)
50 Team Exercises That Get Results in Just 15 Minutes
Amacom, 9780814408957, 194pp.
Publication Date: January 1, 2007
"In a team situation, many issues -- like lack of trust and commitment, unresolved conflicts, and the inability of individuals to understand how their actions impact the rest of the team -- can stop even the most promising groups from delivering great results. This simple, easy-to-use book gives managers, supervisors, and team leaders activities to help their teams overcome emotional obstacles and become more effective. Readers will find powerful, proven exercises they can use to help employees:
* identify individual and team mood
* deal with anger and emotional triggers
* avert, rather than avoid, conflict
* encourage communication
* overcome fear and other obstacles
* understand and manage competition
* honor differences
* assess team strengths and weaknesses
* pick up on cues from teammates
* control the emotional climate of the team
Each activity is followed by a discussion of its purpose, how to use it, and a list of post-activity questions to help solidify each lesson. This practical, effective collection of proven exercises will elicit the best from any team."