Speak with Impact (Hardcover)
How to Command the Room and Influence Others
Publication Date: October 16, 2018
Your voice matters, especially as a leader.
Every day, you have an opportunity to use your voice to have a positive impact--at work or in your community. You can inspire and persuade your audience--or you can distract and put them to sleep.
Nervous, rambling robotic--these presentation styles can ruin a talk on even the most critical topics. And with each weak performance, career prospects dim.
To get ahead and make an impact, you need to deliver well-crafted messages with confidence and authenticity. You must sound as capable as you are.
Public speaking is a skill, not a talent. With the right guidance, anyone can be a powerful speaker. Learn to conquer fear, capture attention, motivate action, and take charge of your career with Speak with Impact. Written by an opera singer turned CEO, speaker, and executive communication coach, the book unravels the mysteries of commanding attention in any setting, professional or personal.
Whether it's speaking up at a meeting, presenting to clients, or talking to large groups, the book's easy-to-use frameworks, examples, and exercises help you
- Kickstart the creative process
- Compose a clear and concise message
- Engage your audience through storytelling and humor
- Banish filler words and uptalk
- Strengthen and project your voice
- Use breathing techniques to overcome stage fright
- Use effective body language
- Build your executive presence
- Deliver presentations with confidence and authenticity
When you know what to say and how to say it, people listen. Find your powerful voice... and step into leadership. Speak with impact.