The Virtual Handshake (Paperback)
Opening Doors and Closing Deals Online
AMACOM/American Management Association, 9780814472866, 270pp.
Publication Date: August 29, 2005
"Online social networks such as LinkedIn, blogs, and Meetup have enjoyed phenomenal growth in the past year. They are among many new social software tools in an arsenal that also includes virtual communities, social network sites, and much more. The Virtual Handshake is the roadmap to a dynamic (and lucrative) online arena that is fast becoming the crucial relationship-building environment for serious professionals.
Filled with clear, real-life examples, The Virtual Handshake shows readers how to:
* attract business in online networks
* meet more relevant senior people
* start and promote a blog
* analyze and value their social network
* use web conferencing and discussion forums to build awareness
* manage their contact databases * ensure privacy and safety
For professionals whose businesses rely on a constant flow of new opportunities and contacts, The Virtual Handshake is a practical and vital resource."