Contemporary Landscape Photography: Professional Techniques for Capturing Spectacular Settings (Paperback)
Professional Techniques for Capturing Spectacular Settings
Amphoto Books, 9780817439682, 176pp.
Publication Date: June 22, 2010
Learn the newest techniques from a master landscape photographer
Ready to bring your outdoor photography into the 21st century? Acclaimed photographer and outdoorsman Carl Heilman II has been photographing the American landscape for more than thirty years, and in this comprehensive guide to landscape photography, he shares the newest techniques for capturing professional-quality images in the field. Illustrated with hundreds of inspiring images and bursting with a genuine passion for the natural world, Contemporary Landscape Photography is the definitive guide for today’s outdoor photographer.
• Essential gear and equipment, and how to optimize your camera for outdoor conditions
• Advice on the latest technologies, such as GPS tagging and Web-based software
• How to pick the best shots in every conceivable location, from rugged coastlines to gritty urban centers
• Bracketing and HDR photography
• Detailed exposure techniques for a range of lighting scenarios, from dawn and twilight to dramatic weather, rainbows, mist and fog, and more
• Creative effects, such as selective focus, multiple exposures, composites, macros motion blur, and panoramas
• In-camera postprocessing and digital darkroom techniques
• and much more!