Polymer Clay Master Class: Exploring Process, Technique, and Collaboration with 11 Master Artists (Paperback)
Exploring Process, Technique, and Collaboration with 11 Master Artists
Watson-Guptill, 9780823026678, 160pp.
Publication Date: January 1, 2013
- Creating with sculpture, canework, and imitative techniques
- Altering the surface with carving, transfers, imprint, and silk screening
- Incorporating mixed media, such as metal, wood, and fiber
- Designing using cold connections, hollow and lightweight forms, kinetic construction, and jewelry-finishing techniques
- Pushing the boundaries of the Skinner Blend technique
- Collaborating with fellow artists to open up new creative possibilities
With contributors including Leslie Blackford, Cynthia Tinapple, Lindly Haunani, Sarah Shriver, and many others, you have a front-row seat to the world of innovative polymer clay art. Challenge your assumptions about methods, style, and collaboration, and get ready to start on your own creative journey. Also available as an ebook.
About the Author
Praise For Polymer Clay Master Class: Exploring Process, Technique, and Collaboration with 11 Master Artists…
"Judy Belcher and Tamara Honaman's new book, Polymer Clay Master Class: Exploring Process, Technique, and Collaboration with 11 Master Artists can be used as a 'how-to' book, however that is not its main attribute. Lots of publications tell you how to make something through carefully written text steps and accompanying photos, but Polymer Clay Master Class goes beyond that and examines the creative process itself. Unlike the others, this volume offers an opportunity to read 'between the lines' along the path of creating." --Polymer Art Archive