The Art of Metal Clay: Techniques for Creating Jewelry and Decorative Objects [With DVD] (Paperback)
Techniques for Creating Jewelry and Decorative Objects [With DVD]
Watson-Guptill Publications, 9780823099320, 160pp.
Publication Date: July 27, 2010
Since it was first published in 2004, The Art of Metal Clay has introduced thousands of readers to metal clay--the moldable, malleable clay that becomes pure metal after it's fired. Now author, designer, and jewelry-making instructor Sherri Haab has updated her classic book to include the most current and user-friendly information on this revolutionary material, including:
- the new bronze and copper clays, with must-have instructions for successful firing
- up-to-date, detailed information on firing with stones
- an improved method for calculating accurate ring sizes
- two recently developed techniques for etching metal clay
- new techniques for adding color, including working with pigments and enamels
- all-new, inspiring galleries of work by prominent metal clay artists.
About the Author
Praise For The Art of Metal Clay: Techniques for Creating Jewelry and Decorative Objects [With DVD]…
"New techniques for firing with stones, etching metal clay, working with pigments and enamels, and a section covering the new copper and bronze metal clays fill this beautiful volume. Sherri is a fantastic and thorough teacher, and her oversized step-by-step photos and concise instructions make it easy to be successful." --Bead Design Studio Magazine