What Your Money Means (Hardcover)
(And How to Use It Well)
Crossroad Publishing Company, 9780824525200, 240pp.
Publication Date: September 1, 2008
Countless books tell you how to make money: only this one turns to the wisdom of the ages to illuminate for you the reasons you have money in the first place, and the role it's meant to play in your life and in the lives of others. Here, American entrepreneur and philanthropist Frank Hanna introduces you to a lean, no-nonsense explanation of the meaning of your money, and a guide for dealing with it constructively.
From a tradition rooted in ordinary virtue, common sense, and the pragmatism that allows societies to flourish, Hanna has skillfully drawn forth principles and criteria that will enable you to discover quickly and with confidence:
* Why you, in particular, have money
* What your money calls you to be, and why
* How to determine how much money is enough
* The three vocations of all those who have money (can you name even one of them?)
* How to shield yourself and your loved ones from the dangers inherent in wealth (and even make your wealth a school of virtue )
* How --- if philanthropy is your calling --- to give wisely (and ten rules of thumb that should guide all donors)
* Plus: much more to help you understand what your money means, and how to use it well.