Following Jesus Without Dishonoring Your Parents (Paperback)
IVP Books, 9780830813582, 178pp.
Publication Date: March 19, 1998
List Price: 18.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Go to the right school. Become a doctor or a lawyer. Marry a nice Asian. These are some of the hopes of our Asian parents. Knowing that our parents have sacrificed for us, we want to honor their wishes. But we also want to serve Jesus, and sometimes that can seem to conflict with family expectations. Discovering our Asian identity in the midst of Western culture means learning to bridge these and other conflicting values. We need wise counsel on
- our parents' ways of loving us
- vocations that show respect for our parents and allow us to serve God
- the "model minority" myth and performance pressures
- marriage, singleness, and being male and female
- racial reconciliation
- spirituality and church experiences
- unique gifts Asians bring to Western culture
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase