How to Talk to Your Kids about Climate Change
Turning Angst Into Action
Building grit and hope in the face of the climate emergency
With catastrophic global warming already baked into the climate system, today's children face a future entirely unlike that of their parents. Yet how can we maintain hope and make a difference in the face of overwhelming evidence of the climate crisis?
Help is at hand. Written by Harriet Shugarman - the Climate Mama and trusted advisor to parents - How to Talk to Your Kids About Climate Change provides tools and strategies for parents to explain the climate emergency to their children and galvanize positive action. Coverage includes:
- The unvarnished realities of the climate emergency, where we are at, and how we got here
- Strategies for talking to kids of different ages about the climate crisis, including advice from engaged parents on the ground
- How to maintain our own hope and that of our children
- A list of practical actions families can take to tackle the climate change crisis
- Ideas for helping children follow their passions in pursuit of a livable, just, and sustainable world.
A lifeline for parents who are feeling overwhelmed with fear and grief, this book provides both hope and practical ways to engage children in pursuit of a better world that is still possible.
New Society Publishers, 9780865719361, 192pp.
Publication Date: May 12, 2020