How to Talk to Your Kids about Climate Change (Paperback)
Turning Angst Into Action
New Society Publishers, 9780865719361, 192pp.
Publication Date: May 12, 2020
Building grit and hope in the face of the climate emergency
With catastrophic global warming already baked into the climate system, today's children face a future entirely unlike that of their parents. Yet how can we maintain hope and make a difference in the face of overwhelming evidence of the climate crisis?
Help is at hand. Written by Harriet Shugarman - the Climate Mama and trusted advisor to parents - How to Talk to Your Kids About Climate Change provides tools and strategies for parents to explain the climate emergency to their children and galvanize positive action. Coverage includes:
- The unvarnished realities of the climate emergency, where we are at, and how we got here
- Strategies for talking to kids of different ages about the climate crisis, including advice from engaged parents on the ground
- How to maintain our own hope and that of our children
- A list of practical actions families can take to tackle the climate change crisis
- Ideas for helping children follow their passions in pursuit of a livable, just, and sustainable world.
A lifeline for parents who are feeling overwhelmed with fear and grief, this book provides both hope and practical ways to engage children in pursuit of a better world that is still possible.