Drawing with Children (Paperback)
A Creative Method for Adult Beginners, Too
Tarcherperigee, 9780874778274, 272pp.
Publication Date: June 4, 1996
List Price: 19.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Now in a revised and expanded edition, this perennial best-seller is the definitive guide for parents and teachers on how to encourage drawing. Mona Brookes' easy-to-follow, lesson-by-lesson approach to drawing has yielded astounding results with children of all ages and beginning adults. Her unique drawing program has created a revolution in the field of education and a sense of delight and pride among the thousands of students who have learned to draw through her "Monart Method." This revised edition includes the following new materials:
- Information on multiple intelligence and the seven ways to learn.
- An inspirational chapter on helping children with learning problems
- An integrated-studies chapter, with projects geared for reading, math, science, ESL, multicultural studies, and environmental awareness
- A sixteen page color insert and hundreds of sample illustrations
About the Author
Mona Brookes is an internationally acclaimed art educator who has been a consultant to schools and museums worldwide. She is the founder of the Monart Drawing Schools with 20 branches, including in Los Angeles, San Diego, the San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, St. Louis, and Detroit. Her first book, Drawing with Children, has sold over 250,000 copies.