Big Apple Safari for Families (Paperback)
The Urban Park Rangers' Guide to Nature in New York City
Countryman Press, 9780881506211, 282pp.
Publication Date: June 17, 2005
List Price: 18.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Here at last is a valuable resource for those parents who have always held the love of nature as an integral part of their lives, and wish to share it with their children. This book is filled with activities and information about how to find and experience nature in all five boroughs. With the cooperation of NYC's Urban Park Rangers, author Sharon Seitz has written a book about nature in the city and how to enjoy it with your children. Families who want to explore nature in an urban setting through hiking, biking, camping, fishing, and other outdoor activities now have the ultimate resource. This book offers dozens of suggestions for fun learning for both you and your children, from toddler to age 11:
- Kayak the Hudson River, free of cost, with your child, at nonprofit boat-rental facilities
- Enjoy a sleep over next to the NY Aquarium shark tanks with your kids.
- Watch for red-tailed hawks nesting on Fifth Avenue skyscrapers; wild turkeys in Manhattan's Riverside Park; ring-neck pheasants in Brooklyn; deer on Staten Island; flying squirrels in Queens; even a bald eagle in Manhattan
- Tend a family section of one of the city's community gardens.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase