Eatingwell Comfort Foods Made Healthy (Paperback)
The Classic Makeover Cookbook (EatingWell Books)
Countryman Press, 9780881508871, 255pp.
Publication Date: October 5, 2009
List Price: 19.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Full nutritional analysis accompanies each recipe makeover, along with tips on how it was made healthier. For instance, EatingWell's chicken-fried steak with gravy has almost half the fat and a third of the calories of the classic version yet still tastes as rich and satisfying as the original; a few healthy modifications to pepperoni pizza will cut calories, sodium, and fat by a third or more.
EatingWell Comfort Foods Made Healthy also solves problems for real families, including a Chinese dinner a diabetic can appreciate and healthier crispy tacos for a family from Texas.
More than just providing recipes, this book teaches you the secrets of healthy, balanced cooking, including
- Healthier techniques for frying and baking
- How to get more vegetables into your meals
- A "pantry-raid" a list of healthy staples you should swap into your pantry
- A list of essential tools that every healthy kitchen should stock
- Tips on picking the healthiest fats and oils