Hampton Weekends (Paperback)
Easy Menus for Casual Entertaining All Year Round
East End Press, 9780988767300, 320pp.
Publication Date: June 10, 2013
The allure of the Hamptons is revealed in a new edition of this beautifully photographed book. In recipes, text, and exquisite pictures, chef and hostess extraordinaire Ellen Wright captures the sun, the sea, and the tastes of this exclusive resort area. Both seasonal and everyday entertaining are made easy in this elegantly photographed, full-color book, which illustrates how everyone can celebrate the four seasons with panache.
Over many years of successful entertaining, Wright has developed commonsense tips that she shares with her readers, including these five basic principles:
- Keep it simple. Perfect and serve just a few dishes rather than try to dazzle with many.
- Avoid last-minute panic. Organize early and stick to your plan.
- Mix and match. This applies to both guests and china.
- Get guests to help. This always breaks the ice.
- Stay calm-don′t worry. If the dish is burned, whip up a little sauce or add some herbs.
In this updated edition, Wright not only adds more valuable tips and suggestions, but she also provides new ideas for customizing the recipes to suit special dietary needs. It′s no wonder Ellen Wright and her cooking continue to draw illustrious friends to her table. Her recipes are tried and true, and her invaluable advice on entertaining lets hosts enjoy the party as much as their guests.