Diamonds (4th Edition): The Antoinette Matlins Buying Guide-How to Select, Buy, Care for & Enjoy Diamonds with Confidence and Knowledge (Paperback)
The Antoinette Matlins Buying Guide-How to Select, Buy, Care for & Enjoy Diamonds with Confidence and Knowledge
Gemstone Press, 9780990415268, 288pp.
Publication Date: April 7, 2016
Newly updated and expanded, Diamonds gives you all the information you need to buy, collect, sell--or simply enjoy--diamonds with confidence and knowledge.
Whether you are buying a diamond for an engagement ring, anniversary, to commemorate a special moment or for personal pleasure, today it is more important than ever to understand what you are buying. There are new shapes and cuts, fancy colors, high-tech treatments and sophisticated frauds. There are new ways to buy--such as Internet auctions. Buyers need a source of expert guidance.
Practical, comprehensive and easy to understand, this book offers in depth all the information you need to buy sparkling diamonds with confidence, including:
- What is a diamond?
- An in-depth look at factors affecting differences in quality and cost.
- Diamond grading reports--why all the information is important, and what it tells you.
- How to compare prices.
- How to spot differences in stones that may appear to be the same quality.
- How to protect yourself from misrepresentation.
- Questions to ask when buying any diamond.
- What to get in writing.
- How to get what you want within your budget.
- Important information about buying on the Internet ... and much more
Written by an "insider," this easy-to-read guide is the "unofficial diamond bible" for anyone who wants to get the most for their money and enjoy what they have purchased.