Saving Our Sons
A Parent's Guide to Preparing Boys for Success
Help Your Son Grow into the Man He's Meant to Be
There's never been a more challenging time to be the mother of a teenage boy. Our young men are currently in crisis, falling far behind their female counterparts in school and in life and failing to learn the lessons they need to survive and thrive in the adult world. With SavingOur Sons, veteran psychotherapist and founder of The Quest Project(R) Clayton Lessor, MA, LPC is out to reverse this trend.
Based on years of research, study and practical application, Saving Our Sons provides mothers--as well as fathers and other caregivers--with the expert guidance they need to help their sons navigate the turbulent transition between boyhood and manhood.
- Why what you're doing now isn't working
- The wound that all adolescent boys share
- The five things a boy needs to grow into a healthy man
- What mothers can (and can't) do to help their sons transition to manhood
- How to tell when your son is in trouble, and where to turn for help
- An overview of The Quest Project(R), including exercises you can do with your son at home
- Case studies of eight young men who have completed The Quest Project(R)
- And much more
Quest Project Press, 9780996360708, 198pp.
Publication Date: September 1, 2016