Accidental Safari (Paperback)
A guide for navigating the challenges that come with aging
Life Care Planning, Inc., 9780999581902, 252pp.
Publication Date: November 4, 2017
At any time an unexpected health crisis or financial setback can suddenly propel us into unknown territory. As we age facing an uncertain future without a plan is like taking an "Accidental Safari" without a map. Attorney/Author Richard C. Tizzano, a trusted advocate in Elder Law and Crisis Management, guides us through the jungles of Medicaid, Medicare and health insurance; wills, directives and powers of attorney; long-term care facilities and residential options; financial resources and regulations; and spiritual support systems. With compassionate, often humorous, stories from the thousands of families he has helped, Tizzano shows us clear pathways that lead to peace of mind in the areas of:
- Healthcare: Decision-making under pressure; the importance of having an advocate
- Housing: Options for facility types, and the levels and costs of care
- Finances and Insurance: Resources available to cover unexpected expenses
- Programs: Setting a course through Medicaid & Medicare
- Legal: Necessary documents to protect your assets and empower your advocates
- Spiritual: Providing support and hope for the journey
You wouldn't travel the jungle without preparation. So why face your future without a trusted guidebook? Whether you're planning for the future, supporting an elderly loved one, or already struggling with an Accidental Safari, this book will launch you in the right direction.