No Fear of Failure: Real Stories of How Leaders Deal with Risk and Change (Hardcover)
Real Stories of How Leaders Deal with Risk and Change
Jossey-Bass, 9781118000786, 180pp.
Publication Date: May 3, 2011
No Fear of Failure offers insightful, candid conversations with some of the world's top leaders in business, politics, education, and philanthropy--each giving a first-person account of how they approached crucial, career defining moments. Gary Burnison, CEO of Korn/Ferry International, the world's largest executive recruiting firm, sits down one-on-one with a highly select and elite corps, and together they openly discuss how they handled (often very publicly) war, economic downturn, corporate turnover, and even retirement. Together these world-class leaders show the risks one must be willing to take, as well as the vision, resilience, and compassion necessary to lead.
- Includes original interviews with Michael Bloomberg, Carlos Slim, Eli Broad, Indra Nooyi, Drew Gilpin Faust, Anne Mulcahy, Vincente Fox, Lt. General Franklin L. "Buster" Hagenbeck, Coach John McKissick, Liu Chuanzhi, Daniel Vasella, and Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo
- Explores the common traits great leaders exhibit: vision, compassion, resilience, competitiveness, purpose, humility, team-building skills, entrepreneurial spirit, perseverance, self-awareness, empowerment, and being a catalyst
Taking readers into executive suites, government offices, battlefields, and football fields, No Fear of Failure shows how great leaders make lasting impact.
- #7 New York Times Best Seller (Advice, How-To and Miscellaneous)
- #13 New York Times Best Seller (Hardcover Business)
- #5 Wall Street Journal Best Seller (Hardcover Business)
- #3 USA Today Best Seller (Money)
- #17 Publishers Weekly Best Seller (Hardcover Nonfiction)