The Facts of Business Life (Hardcover)
What Every Successful Business Owner Knows That You Don't
Wiley, 9781118094969, 336pp.
Publication Date: October 9, 2012
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT:
- Being your own boss can be a great career choice
- Success is what you decide it is
- Doing what you have a passion and talent for can be very profitable
- Monetary risk, hard work, and new ideas should be financially rewarded
- Understanding the business basics every successful owner focuses on--and in what order--would be beneficial
- Success works for you only after you've worked for it
- Marketplace battles are won before they are played
- Knowing what owning a business is really like would make ownership success a lot easier
- Change can create great opportunities
- Knowing when to exit a business is as important a life and business decision as becoming an entrepreneur in the first place
THEN THE FACTS OF BUSINESS LIFE IS FOR YOU
Written by a successful business owner with four decades of experience, The Facts of Business Life is full of real-world concepts that owners must use and embrace if they want to become and stay successful. This multiple award-winning book has been endorsed by some of America's top business leaders, like Steve Forbes and Ken Fisher, and has been recognized as "one of the best five business books of the year" and "a must read for entrepreneurs or those wanting to be one."
McBean begins with clear explanations and real-life examples of the seven Facts of Business Life that every successful business owner knows and executes consistently, including exactly what they are as well as how and when to use them. He then goes on to show how those facts impact on the five levels every successful business passes through, from "Ownership and Opportunity" to "Moving On When It's Time to Go," explaining that while the facts themselves remain the same, as a business becomes successful and moves through its life cycle, the way they are applied must change to fit changing circumstances.
But there are even more reasons why this breakthrough business book is a must read, including:
- Its principles are based on the author's own experience in starting and running successful businesses in a variety of industries.
- It shows that the most successful businesspeople create profitable opportunities rather than wait for them to present themselves.
- It enables readers to analyze the likelihood of their own success based on the characteristics most successful owners have.
- It reveals the #1 priority for all owners and their employees, and why every owner needs to continually focus on it (Hint: it's not being profitable).
- It emphasizes that becoming successful is no guarantee that success will last, and that success itself can be a trap that eventually leads to failure.
- It shows that a business's culture isn't just a mission statement but also the processes created to operate the business and the employees who implement them.
- It discusses the steps that must be taken even before a business is started to increase the odds of its becoming a lasting success.
- It covers every step in a business' life cycle, including the last one, showing that the best time to exit a business is when you don't have to, and that unless you pick that time, someone else will.
MANY BUSINESS BOOKS INCREASE THEIR READERS' KNOWLEDGE--THE FACTS OF BUSINESS LIFE NOT ONLY INCREASES THAT KNOWLEDGE, IT SHOWS YOU HOW TO TURN IT INTO PROFITS.