The Madness of Michele Bachmann (Paperback)
A Broad-Minded Survey of a Small-Minded Candidate
Wiley, 9781118197677, 273pp.
Publication Date: December 1, 2011
Since Michele Bachmann became a front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination, journalists have been plumbing the depths of the well-regarded blog Dump Bachmann for material on her. Now the bloggers themselves pour forth a decade's worth of research and analysis to show that, no matter what you've heard about Bachmann, there's worse. Much worse. After dogging her heels for the past decade, they reveal the blood-curdling truth about the woman who may well become the Republican Party's 2012 presidential nominee.
- Describes Bachmann's faith-based antischool agenda and antigay crusade
- Explores her fellow travelers, her problematic pastors, and criminal supporters, any of whom could become her Rev. Jeremiah Wright
- Reveals the boondoggles she's supported, the pernicious legislation she's championed (but, fortunately, almost never passed), and her foreign policy, which boils down to Jesus will be her Secretary of Defense
- Exposes the truth behind the notorious ""Bathroomgate"" incident
- Uncovers the influence of outside money on Bachmann's campaigns, causes, and policies
Democrats disappointed by Obama, Republicans embarrassed by their party's shallow field of candidates, and moderate independents looking for a reasonable choice need to know all they can about presidential contenders. The Madness of Michele Bachman provides deep background they won't find in the mainstream media.