A Companion to Ancient Egypt (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
List Price: 63.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Other Editions of This Title:
This companion provides the very latest accounts of the major and current aspects of Egyptology by leading scholars. Delivered in a highly readable style and extensively illustrated, it offers unprecedented breadth and depth of coverage, giving full scope to the discussion of this incredible civilization.
- Provides the very latest and, where relevant, well-illustrated accounts of the major aspects of Egypt's ancient history and culture
- Covers a broad scope of topics including physical context, history, economic and social mechanisms, language, literature, and the visual arts
- Delivered in a highly readable style with students and scholars of both Egyptology and Graeco-Roman studies in mind
- Provides a chronological table at the start of each volume to help readers orient chapters within the wider historical context
Wiley-Blackwell, 9781118785140, 1346pp.
Publication Date: January 28, 2014
About the Author
Alan B. Lloyd is Professor Emeritus in the Department of History and Classics at Swansea University and President of the Egypt Exploration Society. He is the author of many publications on Egyptological and Classical subjects, including a three-volume commentary on Herodotus Book II (1975 - 1985).
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase