The Leader Lab
Core Skills to Become a Great Manager, Faster
Other Editions of This Title:
Digital Audiobook (11/1/2021)
What if you could become a great manager, leader, and communicator faster?
The Leader Lab is a high-speed leadership intensive, equipping managers with the Swiss Army Knife of skills that help you handle the toughest situations that come your way.
Through painstaking research and training over 200,000 managers, authors Tania Luna and LeeAnn Renninger, PhD (co-CEOs of LifeLabs Learning) identified the most important skills that distinguish great managers from average. Most importantly, they've discovered how to help people rapidly develop these core skills. The result? You quickly achieve extraordinary team performance and a culture of engagement, fulfillment, and belonging.
Too often, folks are promoted without any training for the countless crucial responsibilities of the modern manager: being part coach, part player, part therapist, part role model. The Leader Lab serves as your definitive guide to what it means to be a great manager today - and how to become a great leader faster. This book is based on LifeLabs Learning's wildly successful workshop series. It combines research, tools, and the playful, fluff-free style that's made LifeLabs the go-to professional development resource for over 1,000 innovative companies around the world.
You'll learn how to:
- Quickly improve performance and engagement
- Handle tough conversations with confidence
- Identify and resolve the underlying issues holding your team back
- Create a culture of inclusion
- Spark innovation
- Reduce stress and burnout
- Finetune your coaching, productivity, feedback, one-on-one, strategic thinking, meeting facilitation, people development, and leading change skills
- Learn the same high-leverage skills that new managers at the world's most innovative organizations are using to create impactful change in business and in life
This interactive, accessible, and brain-friendly resource will help you and your team ramp up and reach the tipping point of managerial greatness fast.
Wiley, 9781119793311, 352pp.
Publication Date: September 8, 2021