Carnival of Feltmaking
Easy Techniques and 26 Colorful Projects for You and Your Home
Add a splash of color and charm to your wardrobe or home by creating the delightful felt projects in author Gillian Harris's new book Carnival of Feltmaking. In the follow-up to the successful Complete Feltmaking, Gillian draws on inspiration from the carnival atmosphere, featuring a diverse range of twenty-six brilliant felt accessories and home items, like:
- a plush rose-trimmed evening bag
- a luxurious cowl-like scarf featuring a stunning swirling floral design
- a luminous eight-panel lampshade in a medley of patterns, accented with felted flowers and ribbons
- a heavenly nuno-felted heart-shaped cushion
- a dazzling tropical-inspired knitting needle case
- variegated vintage-style plant baskets decorated with either a floral or oceanic pattern
- a sweet and adorable strawberry deerstalker hat for baby
Additionally, Carnival of Feltmaking contains an overview of equipment and materials, plus step-by-step breakdowns with close-up photographs of all the major techniques used in the book, including wet felting, 3D felting, needle felting, fine cobweb felting, and more.
The exuberant projects in this book showcase Gillian's vibrant style and creativity, making this is an excellent resource for both newcomers and more-experienced fiber crafters looking for exciting inspiration.
St. Martin's Griffin, 9781250024930, 144pp.
Publication Date: February 19, 2013