Katie Friedman Gives Up Texting! (And Lives to Tell About It.)
A Charlie Joe Jackson Book (Charlie Joe Jackson Series)
Other Editions of This Title:
When a text goes wrong, Katie Friedman learns the hard way that sometimes you need to disconnect to connect.
Here are a few things you need to know about Katie Friedman:
1. Katie is swearing off phones for life! (No, seriously. She just sent the wrong text to the wrong person!)
2. She wants to break up with her boyfriend. (Until, that is, he surprises her with front row tickets to her favorite band, Plain Jane. Now what!?)
3. She wants to be a rock star (It's true. She has a band and everything.)
4. Her best friend is Charlie Joe Jackson. (Yeah, you know the guy.)
5. And most importantly, Katie's been offered the deal of a lifetime—get ten of her friends to give up their phones for one week and everyone can have backstage passes to Plain Jane. (A whole week!? Is that even possible?)
Katie Friedman Gives Up Texting by Tommy Greenwald is a fun and hilarious spinoff from the beloved Charlie Joe Jackson series, starring all your favorite characters.
Praise For Katie Friedman Gives Up Texting! (And Lives to Tell About It.): A Charlie Joe Jackson Book (Charlie Joe Jackson Series)…
“Fans of Charlie Joe Jackson's world will enjoy getting to spend more time with these characters.” —School Library Journal
“Readers will be thoroughly amused as [Katie] and her crew, drawn from different strata of the lunchroom hierarchy, navigate life off the network.” —The Bulletin
“Fans of the Charlie Joe Jackson series will enjoy the evolving changes in Charlie Joe and Katie's friendship. With wit and perception, Greenwald reminds readers that there is communication beyond their electronics.” —Kirkus Reviews
Square Fish, 9781250110978, 256pp.
Publication Date: January 3, 2017
About the Author
JP Coovert lives in Cincinnati, Ohio where he uses his time making as much rad artwork as possible. On the side, he co-runs a record and comic label called One Percent Press. He's written and drawn almost 50 comics, including his ongoing series, Simple Routines. JP Wants to create cool stuff forever, like illustrating every animal on the planet, creating a library full of kids books, and painting a mural on the moon!