Ultimate Chinese Beginner-Intermediate (Coursebook) (Paperback)
Living Language, 9781400009732, 416pp.
Publication Date: July 28, 2009
Developed by the experts at Living Language, Ultimate Chinese has everything you need to learn Chinese from scratch or to revive the Chinese that you learned years ago. This book combines conversation and culture in an easy-to-follow, enjoyable, and effective format. It’s the perfect way to learn Chinese for school, travel, work, or personal enrichment.
Ultimate Chinese teaches Mandarin and Pinyin (a romanized Chinese writing system) is used throughout the course while you become familiar with the vocabulary and structure of the language. The HÀNZÌ (Characters) section of the book introduces you to the Chinese writing system gradually, with instructions on stroke order and the inclusion of the most basic and essential Chinese characters.
In this book you’ll find:
• 40 lessons with lively dialogues including the most common and useful idiomatic expressions.
• English translations and explanations of Chinese grammar and usage, pronunciation, vocabulary, and cultural notes.
• Quizzes and review sections to check your progress.
• A complete summary of Chinese grammar, and verb charts covering all major tenses.
• An extensive two-way glossary.