Built, Not Born
A Self-Made Billionaire's No-Nonsense Guide for Entrepreneurs
Tested and proven, no-nonsense advice on how to navigate risk and succeed in all phases of business ownership--written by Tom Golisano, self-made billionaire and founder of Paychex.
"Tom Golisano understands what it takes grow and thrive as a business owner at all levels, and Built, Not Born is full of practical insights for those who have made or are considering making the leap to starting a new business." - Tom Monaghan, founder, Domino's Pizza
Tom Golisano understands the fears, risks, and challenges small-business owners face every day--he's lived it. He has launched and grown his own highly successful businesses and mentored dozens of entrepreneurs, helping them build their own successful companies.
Built, Not Born shows readers:
- How going against the grain can be a great strategy for finding business opportunities and why it pays to question conventional wisdom.
- Why the pregnant pause can be an effective weapon in negotiations and when interviewing potential employees.
- Why a prenuptial or even a postnuptial agreement is critical to any business owner.
- What potential buyers and funding sources look for, and the best way to present a business plan.
- And finally, the key growth and leadership strategies that have helped Paychex sustain its incredible level of growth and profitability.
HarperCollins Leadership, 9781400217557, 224pp.
Publication Date: February 11, 2020