The Step-By-Step Guide to Making a Sustainable Living from Your Creativity
A step-by-step guide for creatives to transform your passion into a profitable business.
Whether you're a musician, photographer, painter, writer, dancer, singer, or any other creative with aspirations of making a living from your art, this is the perfect time to turn your creative ideas into a sustainable business. With gatekeepers no longer controlling the market, anyone with a laptop and a dream can make a thriving living from their creativity.
This is the definitive sales and marketing playbook for anyone looking to make a living from their art. Each page provides the inspiration and practical steps you need to build a personal brand, overcome starving-artist syndrome, and finally make consistent sales from your art. By combining left-brain traditional marketing methods with the tools you'll build a confident mindset, take charge of your destiny, and create a clear path for success.
Miriam Schulman, host of the Inspiration Place podcast, breaks down the five core elements in the "Passion to Profit" planning framework to help you develop your art business--so that you can have the time and freedom to do what you love:
- PROSPECTING: Build an audience of followers who want what you've got and are prepared to pay top dollar.
- PRODUCTION: Draw attention to your creations by embracing your authenticity.
- PRODUCTIVITY: Create work-life balance by managing your priorities and setting manageable goals.
- PROMOTION: Attract collectors in an authentic and non-salesy way.
- PRICING: Price your art, products, or services based on cutting edge research that explains buyer psychology.
After twenty years of selling art as well as coaching other artists, Miriam knows that now is the time to leave the rat race and pursue your highest dreams. Don't wait for a sign from the universe to gamble on yourself.
HarperCollins Leadership, 9781400235148, 256pp.
Publication Date: January 31, 2023