The Ecstasy of Defeat
Sports Reporting at Its Finest by the Editors of the Onion
List Price: 21.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
The Sports Page As You've Never Seen It Before From painfully obvious steroid revelations to sex scandals and superstars who announce trades in over-the-top TV specials, the wide world of sports can often seem too ridiculous for words. Well, attention sports fans: In The Ecstasy of Defeat, the editors of The Onion offer the laugh-out-loud funny and long overdue lampoon of sports culture you've been waiting for. Filled with the very best of The Onion's bench-clearing sports coverage, this book includes such classics as:
- Lip-Reading BCS Computer Kills Officials Who Want To Shut It Down
- Barry Bonds Took Steroids, Reports Everyone Who Has Ever Watched Baseball.
- Report: Cheap Chinese NBA Players Falling Apart After A Few Seasons.
- Barbaro's Doctors: "A Horse This Good You Don't Eat All At Once."
- Lance Armstrong Wants To Tell Nation Something But Nation Has To Promise Not To Get Mad.
Hachette Books, 9781401310721, 272pp.
Publication Date: October 11, 2011
About the Author
The Onion is a national publication and website that offers award-winning news and views that readers can't get anywhere else. More than 3 million people read The Onion each week, online and in print in select cities, making it by far the most popular news organization in its class. A million more listen to Onion Radio News coast to coast. In 2007, The Onion launched Onion News Network, its 24-hour video news network. Most recently, The Onion launched The Onion Sports Network, a vertical devoted exclusively to sports parody.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase